The Ideal World Diet
Close your eyes and dream a minute. Describe the ideal diet. Is this what you would say?
- You would never feel deprived, and you could snack anytime you want to!
- You could eat big meals–no portion control!
- The food would be delicious!
- There would be no calculations and no books with tables!
- There would be no added costly pills, potions, or foods.
- There would be no monthly subscription fees.
- There would be no meetings!
- Your weight would automatically drop down to your ideal weight and level off without trying!
- The weight loss would be permanent!
- You would feel more energetic than ever!
- You would feel light and free and happy!
- For many people, aches and pains, like arthritis, would disappear and blood pressure would plummet.
- People would comment on how great you look, not just weight, but skin and color too.
Folks, the above is not a dream–it is true and it happened to me. I wasn’t expecting it, but I sure am happy now! Actually, this isn’t a diet. It is a new pattern of eating. By eating a variety of whole, plant-based foods with no oil, this became a reality.
Actually, the above list of benefits are the side effects. The BIG benefit is the improved health–the huge reduction in risk factors for heart disease, diabetes, cancer, obesity, hypertension, Alzheimer’s disease and many more chronic degenerative diseases. So, loosing weight is just the icing on top.
Body Mass Index (BMI), in case you are not familiar with it, is the most frequently used measure showing if one is underweight or overweight. It is your weight in kilograms divided by the square of your height in meters. Ideal weight is between 18.5 and 25. The midpoint of the ideal weight is 21.8. I marked that on my weight chart.
I will be teaching classes on the Virginia Peninsula (Newport News, Hampton, York County, Poquoson, Williamsburg, James City County) on this method of weight loss. There will be about 7 weekly classes. Contact me if you want to be on the notification list.