How To Avoid Getting a Cold
Nutritional Yeast to Prevent the Common Cold
Here is a simple way to reduce the incidence of common cold infections by 25%. Take a daily dose of baker’s, brewer’s, or nutritional yeast. This boosts your immune system, your body’s defense against invading pathogens, which cause infections. This avoids the normal bad side effects of an antibiotic drug.
The dose is 900 mg, or one teaspoonful, of nutritional yeast. This yeast product tastes good and can be sprinkled on top of various dishes, similar concept to a cheese topping, but FAR healthier. (Cheese is all fat.)
Side benefits noted in the research study include:
- Various symptoms of the cold were reduced 15%.
- Sleep difficulties caused by the cold were significantly reduced.
- Upper respiratory infections were reduced.
- Mood states improved.
- Feelings of vigor were significantly boosted.
- An anti-inflammatory effect was also noted.
- The helpful component of these yeasts is beta-glucan.
Which brand of nutritional yeast should you buy? The brand that has been shown to be lowest in measured lead content is Bragg. A second choice brand is Now.
This research study was independently demonstrated for two independent study populations in two different winter seasons. Each participant selected had recurring colds.
For more details see Dr. Michael Greger’s video “Nutritional Yeast to Prevent the Common Cold” published 3-25-15.