Food for Life: Cancer Project
The Power of Food for Cancer Prevention and Survival
Certain diet patterns seem to have a major effect in helping cancer survivors to live longer, healthier lives. Numerous studies have shown that a diet built from plant foods offers the most cancer-fighting protection of any diet plan. Reviews by the American Institute for Cancer Research showed that as much as 40 percent of cancer risk may be related to diet. The Food for Life: Cancer Project classes offer a unique opportunity to acquire knowledge about the link between diet and cancer, experience the benefits of plant-based nutrition, and learn the practical cooking skills needed to help you on your journey to better health. In the Food for Life: Cancer Project classes, attendees do all of this while enjoying a cooking demonstration and tasting delicious, healthful dishes.
Featured Class Topics
- Introduction to How Foods Fight Cancer
- Fueling Up on Low-Fat, High-Fiber Foods
- Favoring Fiber
- Discovering Dairy Alternatives
- Replacing Meat
- Cancer-Fighting Compounds and Immune-Boosting Foods
- Maintaining a Healthy Weight
Food for Life is an award-winning Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine (PCRM) program designed by physicians, nurses, and registered dietitians that offers cancer, diabetes, weight management, employee wellness, and kids classes that focus on the lifesaving effects of healthful eating. Each class includes information about how certain foods and nutrients work to promote health, along with cooking demonstrations of simple and nutritious recipes that can be recreated easily at home.
***** This course is available to learn what foods help prevent and fight cancer. Focus area is Eastern Virginia, but can be outside this region. This course is offered as weekly or biweekly meetings or weekend retreats. Contact Van White at (757) 848-7830 or Van@AnswerIsTheFood.com to be notified when this course will be offered next. Or click here.
The next class starts Monday, July 28th from 6-8 PM at Community Bible Church, 633 Harpersville Rd., Newport News, VA 23601. (This class is not a church function, but they are generously allowing use to us their facility). There are a total of 4 weekly classes, on Mondays at the same time. Register by contacting Van H. White plus add your telephone number, mailing address and email. Class fee and other details on PCRM’s website–Click here.
Eye-opening Specifics That You Will Learn:
These are from the scientific evidence, presented by Dr. Neal Barnard via DVD. Of course, cooking and tasty healthy dishes are the big thing.
- What makes cancer grow fast and spread?
- How do we know cancer is caused mostly by diet?
- When Japanese women started eating this way, their cancer risk increased by 900%.
- What food component are 97% of us deficient in, which greatly lessens cancer risk?
- What food component can we eat 14 grams more of per day and it cuts caloric consumption by 10% automatically?
- What nutrient increases our risk of dying of cancer by about 40-60%?
- What is one of the most important things a person can do to avoid cancer or recurrence of cancer?
- Studies showed that men eating a certain everyday food had 34 to 60% higher risk of prostate cancer.
- Men eating 2 to 10 servings of this food weekly cut prostate cancer risk by 23 to 35%.
- Just two servings daily of this popular food makes breast, prostate and ovarian cancers grow like crazy.
- A Hong Kong man with prostate cancer is 8 times more likely to survive. Why?
- What popular food triggers arthritis, allergies and Type 1 diabetes in some people?
- What are six things you can do to improve bone health (The first item on your list is wrong).
- Eating this grilled food causes cancer, esp. colon cancer.
- Colon cancer is 3 times as likely for anyone eating this common food daily per Harvard.
- What bad molecules cause the skin to wrinkle? How do we defend ourselves?
- Prevent DNA damage and cancers and enhance immunity from viruses and bacteria by eating three food groups.
- Canadian women with breast cancer doubled their survival odds by eating what food group?
- Natural Killer Cells are your Navy Seal Team fighters. What diet pattern doubled their activity?
- Your cancer diet also helps you loose 1 pound per week, treat heart disease, high blood pressure, diabetes, and complexion.
- Has anyone told you what to eat to avoid menstrual cramps, headaches, crummy feeling, and how to have fewer days of pain, and how to lessen pain severity, water retention, bloating and irritability of PMS?